Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Cancerous God

God is surely in my life. Recently, my dad was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Now normally I would not think of God and cancer going very well together. They aren't exactly like peas and carrots or cookies and milk however, the revelation that the strongest and most healthy person I have ever known has cancer caused me to dive into my faith. The knowledge that cancer has struck my family has given me that goose bump feeling of faith that I have always wanted but never really had. I pray. I read scripture. I talk to God. I have faith.

My faith has caused me to reevaluate my life. It has caused me to reexamine what I thought was important. My faith has given me hope that the cancer that affects my dad can be replaced by the cancer that is God's love for us.

May is brain cancer awareness month. I invite you to help raise awareness, raise money, or raise a prayer. We could all use a little help sometimes and fortunately God is there for us when we call.

No comments:

Post a Comment