Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cookies-n-Cream Bars

Whenever Adam is having exams at school, I find it helps to diffuse his stress with treats. I'll spend hours in the kitchen just so that on Monday morning when he walks into school, he will have loads of treats to share with his friends.

Anyone who knows me knows that sweets are my most favorite thing. If I had to rank them, my first favorite is sweets while my second favorite is carbs. Needless to say it is an endless battle between my love for food and not wanting to get fat.

One of Adam's most requested treats is peppermint bark. It's super simple to make plus it's very festive for the holidays. Recently, I found a recipe for cookies-n-cream bark that I just had to try. The recipe was a hit and now Adam can have bark more than once a year. So here's the recipe:

2 packages white chocolate chips
1 package double stuffed oreos
1 sheet parchment paper
1 cookie pan

Heat your oven to 350. Place the chocolate chips in oven proof bowl in the oven and heat till melted. While the chips are melting, crush the oreos. Remove the melted chips from the oven, add the cookies, stir and place on cookie pan covered in parchment paper. Let cool then place in freezer for further cooling. Once frozen, remove pan from freezer and break bark into bite sized pieces. Enjoy!

Oreo Cookie Bark!  2 ingredients and 20 minutes baking time...

No comments:

Post a Comment